Mobile Can Be Another Way to Transmit Coronavirus
Mobile Can Be Another Way to Transmit Coronavirus. Coronavirus infection has been declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization. People around the world are advised to ‘social distance’ to avoid infection. Hand hygiene is considered to be the key to preventing this infection. But now it is important for everyone to not only clean their hands but also keep their surfaces clean. The phone you use is one of the most frequently touched surfaces.
How long a coronavirus can live on a phone
Some general media outlets are reporting that the surface has a role in the transmission of SARS-CoV-2, a virus that causes COVID-19. But according to the New England Journal of Medicine, published a few days ago, SARS-CoV-2 was more active in plastic and stainless steel than copper and cardboard. The virus was found to be active up to 2 hours on the surface. This journal again reported that SARS-CoV-2 was not active on copper after two hours, and similarly, SARS-CoV-2 was not alive on cardboard after 24 hours.
Suggested read: Foods given to Covid-19 patients
Suggested read: Standard precautions and practices to prevent COVID-19
Perhaps these things are given less importance. The virus may live longer on these surfaces, depending on the condition. This is because these studies experiment on “buffer” (while the virus resides in the virus lab) at how long a virus can survive on the surface. In real scenarios, this may be different from the previous result because the virus has mucosa and may survive longer in an ordinary environment.
The fact that the virus has been on plastics for the longest time is actually a matter of great concern and means that the virus could possibly stay on the phone for a few days. The important thing to understand is that this virus (SARS-CoV-2) is new, and we do not have sufficient data available. It is also possible that the virus may remain in the mobile for a longer period than seen from the experiment.
Suggested read: The best workout tips during lockdown at home
How can virus particles spread on a phone
Talking on the mobile phone produces an invisible Virus spray from a person’s mouth into the air. A person with COVID-19 may have a lot of viruses in the mucus in the back of the throat, so they probably spray the virus on the phone whenever they call.
Suggested read: Best foods to prevent corona virus-2020
If an infected person holds someone’s phone in his hand or lets others use his phone, the virus can spread to a new person’s fingertips, and then to their mouth, eyes, or nose. In this way, the virus can spread from one person to another.
So phones touched or used by an infected person can also be a major route of transmission of the coronavirus. The disease can spread to your family without being your knowledge. So you should keep your Phones, Tablets, and Keyboards, and other Gadgets safe and disinfected just like you do hand-washing.
How to Disinfect Mobile
- Don’t let others use your phone, especially in a pandemic situation.
- Keep the phone away from children’s, especially with a patient or things used by the COVID-19 patient.
- Unplug your device or phone and remove it if it is on an electric charging.
- Use a clean, safe disinfection wipe or Chlorox wipe.
- Do not use tissue paper that may leave micro-scratches.
- You need clean 70% isopropyl alcohol to clean or disinfect your phone.
- Using less than 70% Isopropyl alcohol cannot effectively kill the virus.
- Do not use isopropyl alcohol above or up to 90%, which may damage your phone.
- Be careful that you do not wipe the phone jack, speaker when you clean, but you can wipe the display and the back of your mobile.
- Do not spray with aerosol or bleach on mobile
- Even if your phone is waterproof, do not wash in running water as the virus can alive in the water for up to 30 minutes.
- Do not use hard abrasive tissue paper, or towels. Use only microfiber cloths.
- The phone should not be dried in compressed air, which can damage the delicate parts of the phone, such as mic, camera, etc.
- Do not immerse your phone in any type of scrubbing solution.
- Mobile sanitizers for mobile cleaning can also be found in the market; Mobiwash, Rnaux cleaning kit.
Also, many companies like Samsung, Apple, etc. have come to clean the mobile.
Mobile Can Be Another Way to Transmit Coronavirus. Because If you have coronavirus on the surface of your phone and you put the phone in your ear when you pick up the call, those viruses can easily move on your skin. Likewise, if you carry your infected phone and placed at home, your family may be infected, as the coronavirus can live on the surface or in objects for many hours.